Hours: Tuesdays, 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
Those in need can visit The Cupboard to pick up a food bag of non-perishable food, milk, meat, produce and bread for their families. Personal care items are also available. We are an agency partner with the Food Bank of Iowa, which allows us to purchase needed items at a very reasonable cost. A $10 donation helps secure 71 lbs. of food!
How You Can Help
- Pray for this outreach and the people that it touches.
- Volunteer to serve. Help is needed in many areas:
- Connections Team: Greet visitors to The Cupboard, assist them with getting needed items, build relationships and keep basic records (Tuesdays)
- Food Bank of Iowa Pickup and Delivery Team: Load the Hope truck at the food bank and unload at The Cupboard (Monday mornings)
- Donations Pickup Team: Get donated items from local businesses (various times/days)
- Set-up Team: Get The Cupboard organized and ready for visitors (Monday afternoons)
- Designate a cash donation through your offering by noting “The Cupboard” on your check or attaching a note if giving cash.
- Add The Cupboard’s "most needed items" to your personal grocery list each week and then drop the items off at Hope Ankeny.
Most Needed Items:
- peanut butter
- spaghetti sauce
- chunky soups with meat
- canned meat
- unsweetened cereal
- whole grain crackers
- canned fruit packed in its own juice
- toilet paper
“The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the department."