Are you having problems with the livestream? Check out our tips below.
I’m having problems streaming videos
In most cases, streaming issues tend to be related to local client network issues. However, troubleshooting a network can be a bit tricky, so it's worth trying a few simple troubleshooting steps first. That way you can rule these out before looking at more complicated network issues.
Google Chrome Users
- Click "Customize and control Google Chrome" (top-right corner) and choose "Settings."
- Choose "Show advanced settings..." at the bottom.
- Under "System" find "Use hardware acceleration when available" and click the checkbox.
- Restart Chrome.
- Click "Tools" and select "Options."
- Choose "Advanced" and then the "General" Tab.
- Next select "Use hardware acceleration when available."
- Restart Firefox.
Internet Explorer Users
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, and then click "Internet options."
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Accelerated graphics, select the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*" checkbox.
- Click "OK" and restart your computer.
Are you using Google Chrome, and are you getting the following error:
“Requested format not available.”
none of the request formats are available for this content.
Flash is disabled in your Chrome installation, and it is recommended for the best viewing experience for Hope Online.
- Click “Customize and control Google Chrome” (Top-right corner) and choose “Settings.” (Three horizontal bars)
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Show advanced settings...”.
- Under “Privacy”, click “Content Settings…”.
- Scroll 5 sections down to “Flash” and check the box for “Allow sites to run Flash”.
- Refresh the page. The stream should now begin to play.
*If you are still having issues we recommend trying Mozilla Firefox to download click here.
Still having issues? Click here for an alternate version of the livestream.