Souper Bowl Food Drive
It’s game time… and we’re not just talking football!
While millions of people every year tune in to watch the Big Game, that same weekend here at Hope, we have our eyes on the goal line to feed thousands right here in our backyard! The winter months are especially difficult for local food pantries due to food shortages every year. With the Souper Bowl Food Drive, we strive to stock the shelves of every local food pantry in the Des Moines Metro!
Here’s the game plan:
- Run to your local grocery store for nonperishable food items (you can tackle the suggested grocery list below for the most needed items) and bring your donations with you when you come to worship on Souper Bowl weekend – Feb. 4 & 5.
- Financial donations will also be accepted the weekend of Feb. 4 & 5 via check or online (both require noting "Souper Bowl Food Drive" in the memo field).
Please remember to check expiration dates on your donations as expired items cannot be donated to pantries.
Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 4 & 5
Sorting & Distributing:
Hundreds of volunteers will be needed to help sort, package and deliver donations, click here.
Souper Bowl Food Drive at Hy-Vee
Again this year, donations for the Souper Bowl Food Drive can also be dropped off at the Hy-Vee on Jordan Creek Pkwy in West Des Moines at the following times:
- Thursday, Feb. 2: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, Feb. 3: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 4: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Just look for the Souper Bowl Food Drive truck in the parking lot!
Volunteers are needed to help staff the food truck. To volunteer, please click here and sign up for an available shift!