Hours: Tuesdays, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Those in need can visit The Cupboard to pick up a food bag of non-perishable food, milk, meat, produce and bread for their families. Personal care items are also available. We are an agency partner with the Food Bank of Iowa, which allows us to purchase needed items at a very reasonable cost. A $10 donation helps secure 71 lbs. of food!
How You Can Help
- Pray for this outreach and the people that it touches.
- Volunteer to serve. Help is needed in many areas:
- Connections Team: Greet visitors to The Cupboard, assist them with getting needed items, build relationships and keep basic records (Tuesdays)
- Food Bank of Iowa Pickup and Delivery Team: Load the Hope truck at the food bank and unload at The Cupboard (Monday mornings)
- Donations Pickup Team: Get donated items from local businesses (various times/days)
- Set-up Team: Get The Cupboard organized and ready for visitors (Monday afternoons)
- Designate a cash donation through your offering by noting “The Cupboard” on your check or attaching a note if giving cash.
- Add The Cupboard’s "most needed items" to your personal grocery list each week and then drop the items off at Hope Ankeny.
Most Needed Items:
- peanut butter
- spaghetti sauce
- chunky soups with meat
- canned meat
- unsweetened cereal
- whole grain crackers
- canned fruit packed in its own juice
- toilet paper
“As a participating institution with the USDA, The Cupboard at Lutheran Church of Hope Ankeny does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income, or political beliefs. To file a program discrimination complaint, request a copy of the complaint form by calling (866) 632-9992."