Good Morning Hope!
Seeing the flowers on white crabapple trees has always been one of my favorite parts of spring. There have been years when the flowers seemed to last all season long, and there have been years when the winds seemed to have blown the white flowers off the day they arrived. Every year though, the flowers come and the flowers go as they usher in another season of life.
We have had a tremendous first season in our new building. Thousands of people have enjoyed worship and growing in faith; hundreds and hundreds of children and students have had fun making friends and learning about Jesus; and our community has served and cared for many in need. We have had a great season of following Jesus.
As we get ready to open our next season of beauty, here is our game plan for the summer:
- Weekend Worship - Plan to come every weekend. We will be mixing it up a little this summer as we will invite HopeKids to join us for worship and children’s message before they head off to HopeKids. Keep an eye out for the weekend we start! If you are out of town, find a local church and join them or watch Hope Online at 11:00 am on Sundays. When you are in town and at church, look for opportunities to serve, usher, greet, or help with nursery.
- Summer HopeKids - There’s nothing better than teaching your kids the joyful rhythm of regular worship and learning. Bring your kids and invite the neighbor kids! And most of all, consider volunteering (this is a season we really need parents to volunteer 2-3 times)
- Summer Parades - If you love a parade, consider walking with the Hope float in both parades - Grimes Governors Days on Saturday, June 8 and Johnston Green Days on Saturday, June 15. You can also help by building and decorating the Hope Grimes float ahead of the parades on Wednesday, June 5.
- Vacation Bible School - This is our all-out, all-in Jesus party for everyone! Session 1 is 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - and Session 2 is 6:00-8:00 pm the week of July 15-19 – sign up to volunteer here!
- Provide fun snacks for VBS - We have a designated snack list if you would like to donate those specific items. Feel free to drop items off at church anytime in the next few weekends.
- Taste of Hope - We will finish our week of VBS with a Saturday afternoon Taste of Hope with inflatables, games, fun, and food all followed by our VBS kids singing at the 5:00 pm Saturday worship.
- Men of Hope and Women of Hope Bible studies will continue throughout the season - check the calendar regularly for times and days.
- Students will have a new PowerLife and Ignition leader soon! We will update the summer schedule as soon as our new leader arrives!
These are the highlights of our summer season. Let’s make it a season of great joy and invitation. And as we heard in the message last weekend - find a way to love our neighbors this summer.
This weekend we will celebrate Mother’s Day - so find a mom this weekend and tell her thanks for being a mom! Happy Mother’s Day.