A Letter from the Pastors
Jesus is changing lives through the ministry of Hope+Elim! In the past year alone…
- Weekly worship continues to grow with more than 800 people joining us Sundays, Wednesdays, and online
- Hope+Elim Kids has doubled in size with the addition of Wednesday programming and a partnership with Single Parent Provision
- Student Ministry continues to grow with weekly programming, service learning, and retreats
- More than 800 meals are being served a week totaling over 41,000 for the year
- More than 500 kids have attended Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat, and Daddy-Daughter/Mother-Son dances
- Hope+Elim has added two new building mission partners in The Well and Change Course, in addition to Genesis Youth Foundation, FCA, and JCA making us a seven day-a-week community center
- More than 150 participants have taken the Alpha course as well as classes on racial unity, prayer and mental health
- Hope+Elim hosted our first MLK Day celebration in January and partnered with three other churches for a Juneteenth Summer Bash in June
- Hope+Elim’s YouTube channel and social media pages reach thousands weekly with sermons, worship, and more
- Through our missions efforts, Hope+Elim has served Des Moines Public Schools, teachers, first responders, new refugee families, multiple food pantries, the Young Women’s Resource Center, Drake area businesses, Door of Faith and Bethel Mission
God is on the move, and you’re invited to join the mission through your time, talent, and treasure. The official end of a three-year campaign called “Building 2 a Hope Beyond” for the original purchase and remodel of our facility was December 2021, but the need continues to pay down our debt and free up more funds for outreach.
Why give now?
Paying off our debt frees up money for Kingdom impact (such as continued renovation for ministry and even greater outreach to our city) that would otherwise go to the bank for interest payments. Hope+Elim gave more than $90,000 to local and global mission partners outside of our building this last year, and freeing up debt allows us to have an even greater community impact in the future. Our facility is now almost fully occupied, with ministry happening on all five levels with Hope+Elim weekly ministries, as well as our five in-house building partners, making us a true community center in the heart of the city.
Because God has blessed us all differently, we’re asking you to consider how you might give toward the vision God’s given to Hope+Elim through your time, your talents, and your treasure above and beyond your regular general fund tithing.
Check out the updated flyer on this page for a deeper look at our current financials and the opportunities to give at this time.
Hope+Elim, the best is yet to come, and you’re invited to be a part of it!
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen!
Pastor Jon and Pastor Brian