Internships at Lutheran Church of Hope
Ministry is both challenging and rewarding! We all need a place to get started when it comes to exploring our calling and developing our professional skills. That’s where Hope’s internships come in! Lutheran Church of Hope offers a variety of ministry internships, as well as year-long apprenticeships.
Available Internships & Apprenticeships
All levels of internships and apprenticeships at Hope are designed to provide you with hands-on, high-impact experience in ministry. We work with you and your school to help you discover where God might be calling you to go … and helping you establish the skills you need to get there.
View Current Openings
Hope Interns and Apprentices are expected to…
- Work toward fulfilling Hope’s mission by carrying out specific responsibilities and accomplishing goals.
- Meet with a designated ministry supervisor regarding expectations, outcomes and effectiveness.
- Attend weekend worship and relevant age-specific ministry programming, in addition to staff meetings, learning opportunities and community offerings at Hope during the time of their placement.
- Complete all requirements through the student’s host-school, including the coordination of all required documents, assignments, and signatures for both Hope and the school.
- Participate in the internship for no less than 10 hours per week, for at least 12-14 consecutive weeks.
- Provide for their own housing and travel needs.
- While not required for admittance, preferred candidates will likely have…
- Completed their sophomore year of high school
- Junior-year status by credit or semester hour if attending college
- Two years of school or work after high school if taking a gap year
- The required prerequisites for their host school if attending seminary
- Review Hope’s mission, vision and core values to ensure you feel comfortable affirming what is most important to Hope’s ministries, and that you would actually like working at Hope!
- Submit an official Internship or Apprenticeship Application.
- If your application is selected, you will be contacted via email to participate in the interview process.
- Applicants will be notified via email no later than two weeks prior to the start date of their internship as to whether or not they have been selected for the program.