Masks of Hope
Many organizations and individuals are in need of masks during the coronavirus pandemic … and we can help! As a church we have set the goal to provide 10,000 masks locally, with both sew and no-sew mask options available. Completed masks can be dropped off at designated bins at Hope West Des Moines, Des Moines, Ankeny, Waukee, Ames and Grimes during regular office hours. A limited supply of fabric has been donated to assist with this project and is available for pick-up at Hope West Des Moines (next to the mask donation bin) as supplies last.
For safest distribution of masks, please:
- Keep masks for 24 hours before dropping off.
- Place masks inside a bag to reduce touches.
- Please label each bag with total number of masks inside.
No-Sew Option 1:
Materials needed: Cotton fabric and rubber bands (large hair ties, elastic)
No-Sew Option 2:
Materials needed: New cotton T-shirts, scissors
Materials needed: Pre-washed 100% cotton fabric, double folded bias tape or elastic, clips or pins, sewing machine, needle and thread
- Please pre-wash all 100% cotton fabric in hot water and dry in high heat prior to cutting.
- In lieu of bias tape you can use fabric straps, grosgrain ribbon or twill tape.