Are you having problems with the livestream? Check out our tips below.
I’m having problems streaming videos
In most cases, streaming issues tend to be related to local client network issues. However, troubleshooting a network can be a bit tricky, so it's worth trying a few simple troubleshooting steps first. That way you can rule these out before looking at more complicated network issues.
Try using a different Internet browser
We have tested IE/Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome on all major platforms and we have found Google Chrome to be the most reliable for both PC and Mac users, we have also had great success with Mozilla Firefox. Both are free and take only a few minutes to install.
If you are on MacOS High Sierra and are having problems viewing the stream in Safari, try Google Chrome
- Google Chrome
Not sure what browser you are using? Click here to find out.
Try clearing your cache
Below you can find links to instructions on how to clear your cache for the most common browsers.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11
- Safari for iOS, iPhone and iPad
- Safari for Mac OS X
- Safari for Windows
It could be a hardware acceleration issue
You can adjust the hardware acceleration settings by following these steps.
Google Chrome Users
- Click "Customize and control Google Chrome" (top-right corner) and choose "Settings."
- Choose "Show advanced settings..." at the bottom.
- Under "System" find "Use hardware acceleration when available" and click the checkbox.
- Restart Chrome.
- Click "Tools" and select "Options."
- Choose "Advanced" and then the "General" Tab.
- Next select "Use hardware acceleration when available."
- Restart Firefox.
Internet Explorer Users
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, and then click "Internet options."
- Click the Advanced tab, and then under Accelerated graphics, select the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*" checkbox.
- Click "OK" and restart your computer.
Are you using Google Chrome, and are you getting the following error:
“Requested format not available.”
none of the request formats are available for this content.
Flash is disabled in your Chrome installation, and it is recommended for the best viewing experience for Hope Online.
- Click “Customize and control Google Chrome” (Top-right corner) and choose “Settings.” (Three horizontal bars)
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Show advanced settings...”.
- Under “Privacy”, click “Content Settings…”.
- Scroll 5 sections down to “Flash” and check the box for “Allow sites to run Flash”.
- Refresh the page. The stream should now begin to play.
*If you are still having issues we recommend trying Mozilla Firefox to download click here.
Still having issues? Click here for an alternate version of the livestream.