HopeKids is our high-energy, weekend program for children age 3 (by Sept. 15 and potty-trained) through grade 5. At HopeKids, children will experience dynamic teachings and upbeat worship songs during opening and closing worship, with relevant breakout activities in between. This rotational style format is a great way to engage kids in learning about God’s love!
HopeKids will be weekly throughout the school year.
- Saturdays, 5:00 pm
- Sundays, 9:30 am
- Sundays, 11:00 am
Register for HopeKids
What's new at HopeKids?
- Special guest speakers from the community, including the owner of a construction business, a high school football player and a children’s book author (and that’s just September!).
- Earn HopeKids Bucks by sharing God’s love through attendance, serving, Bible reading and more! Prizes include candy, trinkets, HopeKids swag or even throwing a pie in staff’s face!
- New, better-than-ever format with your favorite VBS music, science experiments, Bible teachings, small groups and more!
- New leadership opportunities for students in grades 4-5 to show younger kids (and grown-ups, too!) what an activated faith looks like!
- Fun weekend recaps on social media that highlight what kids learned, the fun they had, why volunteers love serving, what to talk to your kids about that week and more! Follow us on Instagram!
Volunteers are needed!
If you’re feeling the nudge to help out with HopeKids, it’s easy to volunteer! The only requirements are that you love Jesus, love kids, register to volunteer, and fill out a background check form as part of the volunteer registration form (because the safety of our kids has always been a high value at Hope). We’ll take care of the rest, including all the training and support you need to help point thousands of kids to the everlasting love of Jesus Christ!
* Please note: Photographers will be present during HopeKids, capturing the various events and activities. These photos may be used by Lutheran Church of Hope to promote HopeKids via website and social media. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please direct them to Chris Gunnare, Executive Minister – Operations, at [email protected] or 515-222-1520.