Ignition is Hope’s ministry for high school students in grades 9-12. Ignition meets Wednesdays during the school year from 7:30-9:15 pm.
No matter how shy, busy, popular or religious a student may or may not be, high school can be tough to navigate these days. That is why Ignition is designed to be a weekly oasis where students can simply belong without having to fit in, be inspired to live out their God-given purpose, and find new life in Christ! Ultimately, at Ignition we truly desire that every student would experience God’s love for them, follow Jesus wholeheartedly and love everyone always.
What to Expect
- Huddles – Connect with people who care about you (7:30-7:50 pm)
One of the best ways to get to know others is to share what is going on in life! After checking in at the computer kiosks, you can grab a tasty snack and find your group's assigned table. There you will be able to meet people of the same grade and gender for a relaxed, no-pressure conversation about the highs and lows of everyone’s week. Each huddle has adult leaders who support, celebrate and pray for the students!
- Breakout Sessions – Choose what you would like to do (7:50-8:20 pm)
God loves it when his kids have fun in his house! There are many different activities that you can choose to have fun, meet other people with similar interests from other huddles and worship God at the same time!
- Discussion groups and Bible studies
- Service projects (Silver Cord hours offered weekly)
- Gym games
- Creative arts projects
- Video games, board games and ping pong
- Large Group Worship – Connect with God (8:20-9:15 pm)
We transform Hope’s Worship Center specifically so high school students can worship Jesus with fun and inspiring music, games and a talk all designed to encourage students in the real-life challenges of high school!
- Remix Nights
We like to shake things up every now and then. Once a month, huddles get to spend their breakout sessions with each other, growing deeper in faith through an extended small group discussion, service project or prayer activities!
Whether you are great with teenagers or do your best work behind the scenes, Ignition can’t happen without the help of faithful adult volunteers! Click here to register.
- Huddle Leaders
- Hospitality Team
- Peace Force Team
- Non-Wednesday Bible Studies
It’s a fact: Students who volunteer regularly at Ignition tend to enjoy Ignition more, know more people and grow deeper in their faith! Click here to register.
- Set-Up and Clean-Up Team
- Band Members
- Communion Servers
- Bible Readers
- Prayer Leaders
- Camera Operator
- Lighting Operator
- Slide and Lyrics Operators
- Video Production Team
Other Options for High School Students
- Do Wednesday nights not work for you? Check out Ignition at Hope Waukee on Sunday nights!
- Looking for ways to receive intentional spiritual care for a journey through difficult times? Check out The Landing on Thursday nights at Hope West Des Moines!