Hope Worship Academy
The Hope Worship Academy is a 10-month program beginning Sept. 30, 2019 for students seeking to explore and train in worship ministry. Anyone feeling the call to become a worship leader is encouraged to apply!
The program includes four tracks of learning:
- Lectures & Readings
Includes classroom work held on Monday and Thursday afternoons.
- Private Musical Lessons
Lessons with local musicians – days and times chosen by students.
- Field Experience
Students will lead worship at various Hope classes, programs and events.
- Service Hours
Students will serve by assisting Hope ministries in a variety of non-musical ways.
The Hope Worship Academy is accepting applications for the fall 2019-20 school year now through Aug. 1, 2019. Applicants must be 18 years of age by Sept. 30, 2019 – in total, 12 students will be selected.
- National Average of Similar Programs: $10,000
- Hope Worship Academy: $5,000
- Hope Worship Academy Special 2019-20 Offer: $2,499
When applying for the Hope Worship Academy, the below is required:
Video of applicant leading worship
- It can be recorded on a phone
- Record 2-3 songs
- Have at least two other instrumentalist and/or singers leading with you
- It can be filmed in front of a live congregation, but is not required
Letter of Recommendation
- The letter of recommendation should be written by a pastor, minister or youth leader you are not related to
- The letter should answer the following questions:
- How have you seen God work in the applicant’s life?
- What qualities do you see in them that would serve them well as a worship leader?
- The personal essay should be written by the applicant and only the applicant
- It should be greater than two pages and less than four pages in length (12 point font, double spaced)
- The essay should answer the following questions:
- What does Jesus mean to you?
- What does worship mean to you?
- Why do you want to lead worship?
- Why do you want to attend the Hope Worship Academy?
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com.